To highlight a range of skills and practical strategies in order to develop a more assertive personal style.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Define what being assertive actually means;
- Identify your current Assertive, Passive & Aggressive behaviour profile & highlight the possible implications;
- Discuss assertive behaviour in relation to appreciating ‘Rights’ and ‘Responsibilities’;
- State how to effectively use the ‘Broken Record’ technique;
- Identify the key ‘Power Words’ of assertive communication and how to use them;
- List the components of the ‘I Language’ assertiveness technique and practice how to use it;
- State the formula of how to give instructions assertively;
- Highlight a range of simple assertive communication habits which will help make a big difference to the impact you have on others;
- Discuss how to use the range of assertiveness techniques in your workplace;
- Note key learning points and any specific activities on your Action Plan.
Style of the Course
A mixture of training methods will be used including group activities and exercises, group discussion, some individual work, personal profiling, action planning and direct input from the Trainer.