To highlight a range of skills and practical techniques in order to improve the impact of the coaching and mentoring you carry out with others.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- State the key components of the ‘Conscious Competence’ model in relation to how people learn;
- Identify the differences between Mentoring and Coaching;
- Identify the skills and characteristics of an effective coach/mentor;
- Identify the range of learning styles;
- State the three stages of the coaching process;
- Identify how to construct a basic ‘Task Analysis’ enabling focused instruction;
- Practice delivering a brief coaching session based on the coaching of a simple task;
- State a range of specific communication techniques used by effective mentors;
- Practice the skills of mentoring;
- Identify good practice in relation to giving and receiving feedback;
- Discuss how coaching and mentoring might be used to greater effect within your organisation;
- Note key learning points and any specific activities on your Action Plan.
Style of the Course
A mixture of training methods will be used including group activities and exercises, group discussion, some individual work, brief practice coaching and mentoring activities, action planning and direct input from the Trainer.