To highlight a range of skills and strategies in order to improve the impact of your face to face and telephone communications.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- State the components of the Communication Cycle;
- Identify potential barriers to effective communication and basic solutions;
- Identify your own Behavioural Style and recognise how to effectively deal with other styles;
- State the impact of your verbal, vocal and non-verbal communication;
- Identify your current verbal predicates (preferred use of word styles);
- State the impact of your vocal inflections on others;
- State some basic good practice in relation to your body language;
- Identify what is meant by ‘rapport’ and how you can build it into your communication with others;
- State a range of questioning styles and demonstrate good practice in posing effective questions;
- Identify the importance of active listening;
- Identify some of the reasons why people can be ‘difficult’ to deal with;
- Identify your top tips for dealing with difficult people and challenging conversations;
- Note key learning points and any specific activities on your Action Plan.
Style of the Course
A mixture of training methods will be used including group activities and exercises, group discussion, some individual work, action planning and direct input from the Trainer.