The COBIT® 5 Foundation course is a 3-day, interactive, classroom-based learning experience. Participants learn about the need for an IT governance framework and how COBIT addresses this need by providing the latest thinking in enterprise wide governance of IT.
This course explains the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT framework using a logical and example-driven approach for everyone interested in obtaining Foundation-level knowledge of COBIT.
COBIT 5 provides the next generation of ISACA’s guidance on the enterprise governance and management of IT. It builds on more than 15 years of practical usage and application of COBIT by many enterprises and users from business, IT, risk, security and assurance communities.
Today, more than ever, information and related technologies need to be governed, managed and operated in a holistic manner with a single, integrated process model that provides end-to-end coverage of the roles, responsibilities and practices required.
COBIT 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises in achieving their objectives for the governance and management of enterprise IT. It helps enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realizing benefits and optimizing risk levels and resource use. COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders. COBIT 5 is generic and useful for enterprises of all sizes, whether commercial, not-for-profit or in the public sector.
At the end of this course, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Key challenges of using IT
- IT governance concepts and benefits
- COBIT 5 framework, principles, and enablers
- Relationship between stakeholder needs and governance
- Implementation approach for using COBIT 5
- Structure of COBIT 5 process reference model
- Governance and management domains
- Components of COBIT 5 processes
- Need for capability assessments
- COBIT 5 ISO/IEC 15504 approach
- Application of COBIT 4 maturity model approach with COBIT 5
- Other COBIT 5 enablers for IT governance and management
The COBIT Foundation course and the COBIT Foundation exam will be of interest to: A wide range of business managers, IT management consultants, IT governance professionals, and auditors who wish to gain a better understanding of COBIT 5 and what it can provide to their organization.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, but it is recommended that the participants have some experience in the IT governance domain.
Course Organization Logistics:
- Classroom with U-shaped seating arrangement
- Whiteboard, projector, flipchart
- 16 students maximum
- Course runs 09:00 – 5:00 each day
- The exam will be scheduled on the last day