CompTIA Cloud Essentials Course Description
The CompTIA Cloud Essentials specialty certification demonstrates an individual knows what cloud computing means from a business and technical perspective, as well as what is involved in moving to and governing the cloud. The Cloud Essentials exam objectives were originally developed by ITpreneurs in cooperation with the Cloud Credential Council, a membership body dedicated to vendor-neutral training in cloud computing.
Intended Audience for the CompTIA Cloud Essentials Course
The CompTIA Cloud Essential Specialty certification is relevant to:
CompTIA Cloud Essentials Course Objectives
- IT specialists
- IT technical services specialists
- IT relationship managers
- IT architects
- Business and IT management,
- Business process owners
Why You Should Take the CompTIA Cloud Essentials
- Learn the fundamental concepts of cloud computing.
- Learn the business aspects and impact of cloud computing.
- Differentiate the types of cloud solutions and the adoption measures needed for each.
- Identify the technical challenges and the mitigation measures involved in cloud computing.
- Identify the steps to successfully adopt cloud services.
- Identify the basic concepts of ITIL and describe how the ITIL framework is useful in the implementation of cloud computing in an organization.
- Identify the possible risks involved in cloud computing and the risk mitigation measures, and you will also identify the potential cost considerations for the implementation of cloud and its strategic benefits.
Benefits of Certification
For IT professionals: Certification is a third party validation of your skills, that helps distinguish you from your peers. Beyond demonstrating a level of competency and proficiency, certification proves that you are committed to your cause and that you’ve invested the time and money to prove it. Holding a certification also makes you a more valuable employee, and often results in raises, promotions, and a better career.
For organizations: Certifications identify the credentials that can be used to hire the right employee. Having certified employees also increases sales for the organization by proving to prospective clients that the organization has the skills to support its claims.
The CompTIA Cloud Essentials Course prepare students for the following Exams
CLO-001 : CompTIA Cloud Essentials
CompTIA Cloud Essentials Course Outline
Lesson 1: Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Overview of Cloud Computing
- Evolution of the Cloud
- Specialized Cloud Services
Lesson 2: Business Value of Cloud Computing
- Business Need for Cloud Computing
- Cloud Scalability
- Cloud Security
- Impact of Cloud Computing on Business
Lesson 3: Technical Perspectives of Cloud Computing
- The Cloud Deployment Models
- Network Requirements for Cloud Deployment
- Automation and Self-Service in Cloud Computing
- Federated Cloud Services
Lesson 4: Technical Challenges of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
- Application Performance
- Data Integration
- Security Risks and Mitigation
- Application Architecture and the Development Process
Lesson 5: Steps to Successful Adoption of Cloud Services
- Steps to Adopting Cloud Services
- Organizational Capability to Adopt Cloud Services
- Cloud Vendor Roles and Capabilities
- Migrating Applications to the Cloud
Lesson 6: ITIL and Cloud Computing
- Overview of ITIL
- Planning Service Strategy
- Designing Cloud Service
- Transitioning to Live Environment
- Running a Cloud Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement with Cloud
Lesson 7: Identifying Risks and Consequences
- Organizational Risks
- Technical Risks
- Legal Risks
- Cost Evaluation for Cloud Computing
- Identify Maintenance Aspects of Strategic Flexibility