THEORY & PRACTICE
To highlight a range of skills and good practice to enable the development and delivery of effective presentations.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- State the 3 Stages in giving a presentation;
- Identify how to develop and prepare a presentation ‘from scratch’;
- State some of the keys to practicing a presentation in the right way;
- State the 3 Golden Rules of delivering a presentation;
- Identify good practice in relation to using basic visual aids;
- Identify how to best reflect upon and review a presentation;
- State the range of memory aids and select the most appropriate for you;
- Highlight the difference between an Aim and an Objectives and practice developing them;
- State techniques to assist with the perception of a positive personal impact;
- Identify the range of Learning Styles and become aware of your own;
- Prepare and practice a number of brief presentations and receive feedback.
Please note: At the end of this session delegates will be asked to prepare and practice a 15-20-minute presentation on a subject of their own choice (preferably an appropriate work-related topic) to deliver to the group on Day Two.
Style of the Course
- Note key learning points and any specific activities on your Action Plan.
A mixture of training methods will be used including group activities and exercises, group discussion, some individual work, action planning and direct input from the Trainer.