To highlight a range of skills, techniques and good practice in order to effectively carry out a worthwhile and professional appraisal.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Define what a worthwhile Appraisal actually is;
- State some of the benefits of an effective appraisal for the Appraiser, the Appraisee and the Organisation;
- Identify generic good practice in relation to preparation, the environment, the meeting and any follow up activities;
- Develop a range of Appraisal questions designed to get people talking;
- Identify how to develop appropriate SMART targets and objectives;
- Examine your Appraisal paperwork and discuss the company process;
- Re-visit good practice relating to effective communication skills and building rapport techniques to put the Appraisee at their ease;
- Practice carrying out elements of the Appraisal meeting and support one another with constructive feedback on your performance;
Style of the Course
- Note key learning points and any specific activities on your Action Plan.
A mixture of training methods will be used including group activities and exercises, group discussion, some individual work, action planning and direct input from the Trainer.