This exciting and dynamic 3-day course introduces learners to the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver to business expectations. As well as an engaging, case study based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice, this course also positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam, required for entry into the future ITIL intermediate level training courses.
The ITIL best practice is composed of five core disciplines:
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operations
- Continual Service Improvement
These disciplines represent a service life cycle framework that further enhances alignment to the business while demonstrating business value, ROI and enabling IT to solve specific operational needs.
Course runs 9:00 – 5:00 each day – online exam is scheduled on the last day 18 hours of personal study are required to be put in for Foundation course
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the key principles and concepts of IT Service Management.
- Identify the benefits of implementing ITIL in an organization.
- Identify the Service Management processes and how they map to the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the basic concepts and definitions related to the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the activities and roles involved with the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the relationship of each component of the Service Lifecycle and how they map to other components.
- Identify the factors that affect the effectiveness of the Service Lifecycle.
The ITIL Foundation course will be of particular interest to:
IT Management, IT Support Staff, IT Consultants, Business Managers, Business Process Owners, IT Developers, Service Providers, System Integrators
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, although a familiarity with IT service delivery will be beneficial.
The exam is a closed book, forty (40) multiple choice questions.
The pass score is 65% (26 out of 40 questions).
The exam lasts 60 minutes.
Sample exam paper will be given during the training
Please note that this schedule is a guide, deviations from this plan are possible.
|Service Management as a Practice|
|Day 1 Review|
|Day 2 Review|
|Service Design (completion)|
|Continual Service Improvement|
|Technology & Architecture|
|Exam Preparation & Sample Exam|
|Homework – Review of Days Materials|