CompTIA Network+ Course Description
CompTIA® Network+® is a five-day course designed to prepare students to pass the CompTIA Network+ certification exam. Students will describe the major networking technologies, systems, skills, and tools in use in modern networks.
Comprehensive study materials, including Boson ExSim-Max for CompTIA Network+ N10-005
Continental breakfast, assorted snacks and beverages
On-site certification testing with one examination voucher that is valid for one year from original class date
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic Microsoft Windows navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Basic e-mail usage skills
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the basic network theory concepts.
- Identify the major network communications methods.
- Describe network media and hardware components.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP network implementation.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify the components of a LAN implementation.
- Identify the components of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Identify major issues and technologies in network security.
- Identify the major issues and technologies in network security.
- Identify network security threats and attacks.
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network.
Lesson 1: Network Theory
Lesson 2: Network Communications Methods
Lesson 3: Network Media and Hardware
Lesson 4: Network Implementations
Lesson 5: Networking Models
Lesson 6: TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery
Lesson 7: TCP/IP Services
Lesson 8: LAN Infrastructure
Lesson 9: WAN Infrastructure
Lesson 10: Remote Networking
Lesson 11: System Security
Lesson 12: Network Security
Lesson 13: Network Security Threats and Attacks
Lesson 14: Network Management
Lesson 15: Network Troubleshooting