To understand business requirements, develop and/ or upgrade Android solutions or applications in line with requirements, standards, and cybersecurity policies, and identify and fix errors during the development lifecycle.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Keep abreast of the latest programming language updates and technology trends and present ideas to continually improve solutions and applications.
- Coordinate with analysts and designers to understand business requirements and to ensure the technical feasibility of designs and develop detailed specifications accordingly.
- Coordinate with the concerned teams in order to facilitate the entire solution or application development lifecycle (concept, design, and test).
- Configure, secure, and monitor the development environment across numerous clouds and on-premises gateways as needed.
- Troubleshoot workflows in order to identify and fix bugs and errors during development.
- Analyze and integrate external customer specifications in order to suggest and justify system directions and specifications as part of proof of concept.
- Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture.
- Ensure developed solutions are in line with Cybersecurity policies and standards.
- Perform basic component test prior to code merge and/or release to the Quality Assurance team for testing and validation.
- Participate in different types of testing (unit, integration, functional, non-functional, etc.) to ensure the functionality of solution or application in real-life scenarios according to specifications.
- Collect testing results in order to facilitate the identification of deficiencies and implement corrective actions.
- Participate in the development of various integration processes and review all programming components to ensure proper integration activities upon program/ platform approval.
- Participate in the implementation of the integration plan and the various integration projects / activities of Android software applications.
- Coordinate the integration testing phase with analysts, system designers and business owners to raise integration issues for timely resolution by upper management.
- Collect change requests related to solutions and applications in order to facilitate the implementation of approved changes along with a rollback plan during the proof of concept phase.
- Support in the update of technical documentation and participate in building reusable code and libraries for future use in order to save time and resources in coordination with National Platforms.
- Coordinate with the concerned teams to share training needs for users for development purposes.
- Present ideas for system improvements in order to optimize development activities and operations.
- Communicate with Testers and Quality Assurance Officers on developed code lines to ensure eradication of errors and bugs and accordingly optimize end user satisfaction.
- Address any challenges or issues arising from existing/developed applications and platforms in order to include corrective actions in future development plans.
- Conduct day-to-day activities while ensuring compliance to policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes taking into account leading practices, changes in business environment, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Establish working relationships with relevant internal stakeholders.
- Collect feedback from internal stakeholders on issues being faced and other requirements.
- Contribute to the preparation of progress reports directed to all relevant stakeholders to keep them informed of progress.
Job Requirements :
- Experience in Android application development using Kotlin and Compose.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent is required.