To highlight a range of knowledge, skills and practical strategies in order to positively impact on the way you lead and manage others.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Define the distinct characteristics of leadership & management;
- Examine 10 classic leadership styles and which you most identify with and recognise as your current choices;
- Identify your current preferred ‘influencing styles’ & the implications of these for you & your team;
- Identify examples and key characteristics of ‘great leaders’;
- State what can prevent people from delegating and what stops you specifically;
- Identify and discuss the key steps involved in effectively delegating tasks;
- Highlight specific tasks that you can delegate in the short, medium and longer terms and who these tasks will be delegates to;
- List a range of simple ways to monitor performance to help ensure success;
- State a range of specific Problem-Solving techniques, including simple Fish Bone diagrams, Cause & Effect Diagrams, Mind Mapping, the 5 Why’s and various Brain Storming methods;
- Identify a range of specific Decision-Making techniques, including using Pros & Cons, Force Field Analysis and Decision Lists;
- Note key learning points and any specific activities on your Action Plan.
Style of the Course
A mixture of training methods will be used including group activities and exercises, group discussion, some individual work, personal profiling, action planning and direct input from the Trainer.