To highlight a range of skills and strategies in order to improve the ways that you are able to influence other people.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- State the differences between ‘influence’ and ‘persuasion’;
- Identify the people you need to influence and why it’s important you influence them;
- Explore the four different ‘Behavioural Styles’ and recognise how to effectively build these into your ability to positively influence others;
- Practice communicating from the perspective of each of the four ‘Styles’;
- State how the first impression you make on another person will impact your abilities to influence them in all future situations;
- Identify good practice for making the best first impression;
- Examine the importance of building ‘rapport’ with others and how to do it;
- Identify the number 1 method for making people feel important;
- Discuss some of the challenges you have had in the past when trying to influence others;
- Identify your top tips for successfully overcoming these challenges;
- Examine the essential need for a high level of personal self-belief and positive mind-set when influencing others and how to achieve it;
- Note key learning points and any specific activities on your Action Plan.
Style of the Course
A mixture of training methods will be used including group activities and exercises, group discussion, some individual work, action planning and direct input from the Trainer.