As per PMI®, “Programs are group of related Projects managed in a coordinated way to obtain benefits and control not available from managing them individually”
Projects in the Program are oriented towards benefit conferment and capability development/enhancement of the Organization.
PgMP® credential from the PMI® addresses the community of professionals who manage Programs- demonstrating experience, skill and performance in oversight of multiple, related Projects, which are aligned with Organizational Objectives.
With a charter to enable and enhance the industry’s competency level and maturity in Program Management, ‘ PgMP ® Certification Preparatory Workshop’ is designed to facilitate the participants to gain an internationally recognized certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI®) , USA.
The workshop addresses following themes across the Program Management Lifecycle and Setting up and operationalisation of PMO- focusing on the PgMP ® certification:
- What are Programs and how are they different from Projects?
- Relationships among Project, Program and Portfolio
- When do Programs arise and in which types of organizations they are predominant?
- How to undertake Program Portfolio Planning?
- Program Lifecycle Management
- Multiple Phases in Program Lifecycle
- Pre-Program Preparations
- Program Initiation
- Program Setup
- Delivery of Program Benefits
- Program closure
- Program Benefits Management Lifecycle
- Program Management Processes
- Initiating Process group
- Planning Process Group
- Executing Process Group
- Monitoring and Controlling Process Group
- Closing Process Group
- Program Management Knowledge Areas and Processes
- Program Integration Management
- Program Scope Management
- Program Time Management
- Program Cost Management
- Program Quality Management
- Program HR Management
- Program Communication Management
- Program Risk Management
- Program Procurement Management
- Program Financial Management
- Program Stakeholder Management
- Program Governance
- Development of the Program management Plan by integrating the Plans for Component Projects
- Component Transition Management
- Role of Project Healthchecks in Program Management
- Program Managerial skills – an overview
- The role of Program Management Office (PMO) in successful execution of Programs
- Roadmap for setting up and operationalising PMOs
Senior Managers (with more than 4 years of Program management and 4 years of Project Management experience) – seeking to obtain the PgMP® Certification.
These Managers typically manage Programs containing complex activities spanning functions, organizations, clients and geographic regions. As a part of their Program Management, they would also typically possess advanced skills in finance, leadership, cross-cultural communications, negotiations and conflict resolutions.
- PMP Background – (Although it is not mandatory, it is highly recommended)
Highlights of Course Delivery
The salient features of the Course delivery are as under:
- The workshop is a mix of instructor lead and self paced learning, designed as per the Second edition of the PMI® standard for Program Management
- Each section has definitions, examples and illustration to facilitate the learning and application of the contents.
- Subsequent to the presentation of each chapter, a quiz on the topic covered is administered.
- The PgMP® training is followed by a mock test (170 questions) to check the understanding of the participants, towards PgMP® Certification
The course will be handled by a PgMP® Certified faculty having extensive Program and Project Management experience.
- What is Program and Program Management
- Relationships among Portfolio, Program and Project
- Role of the Program Manager
- Role of the Program Management Office
- Performance Domain
- Program Business Case
- Program Charter
- Program Roadmap
- Risk Management Strategy
- Benefits Identification
- Analysis & Planning
- Engagement Planning
- Program Governance Practices
- Governance Roles
- Governance Design and Implementation
- Lifecycle Phases
- Activities and Integration Management
- Definition Phase
- Delivery Phase
- Closure Phase