To highlight a range of knowledge and good practice in the development and delivery of effective group training sessions.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Define the components of the Training Cycle.
- Identify the stages of the Conscious Competence learning model.
- State your current Learning Styles (the V,A,K and Honey & Mumford models);
- Describe how to build Learning Style preferences into your training session.
- List some of the key skills and qualities of an effective trainer.
- Identify a range of good practice when structuring a training session.
- State how and when to use ‘ice breaker’ exercises.
- List a variety of training methods available to the trainer.
- Demonstrate how to develop meaningful training Aim and Objectives.
- State basic good practice in the use of an appropriate session plan.
- Identify how to effectively use visual aids to support your training.
- Describe methods to evaluate the impact of your training.
- Deliver brief training sessions and receive feedback.
- Note key learning points and any specific activities on your Action Plan.
Style of the Course
A mixture of training methods will be used including group activities and exercises, group discussion, some individual work, practice delivery of training inputs, action planning and direct input from the Trainer.